If your employer, or prospective employer, takes adverse action against you for exercising a protected workplace right
(including dismissing you)
you will be eligible to make a General Protections claim.
GENERAL PROTECTIONS DISMISSAL CLAIMS HAVE A STRICT
21-DAY TIME LIMIT
SO DON’T DELAY!
Contact our expert team at Supportah TODAY on
What are your protected rights?
Your workplace rights include:
- making a complaint or inquiry about your working conditions (like your pay or the hours that you work)
- making a formal complaint about discrimination or sexual harassment
- a temporary absence from work because of an illness or injury
- being absent from work during maternity leave or other parental leave
- trade union membership (or non-membership)
- participation in trade union activities
- temporary absence from work to volunteer for emergency service activity
What are adverse actions?
Adverse action can include:
- changing your working conditions to your disadvantage (like reducing your hours or your number of shifts)
- denying you a promotion or professional training
- demoting you
- placing you on an unfair or unwarranted performance management plan
- increasing your workload to excess
- forcing you to resign
- sacking you
Supportah is a team of lawyers and industrial advocates who specialise in all aspects of employment law. We have had more than 10 years experience fighting General Protections claims for our clients in the Fair Work Commission and the Federal Circuit & Family Court and other relevant commissions, courts and tribunals.
Strong record of success
Supportah has filed hundreds of General Protections claims in the Fair Work Commission and the Federal Circuit & Family Court on behalf of our clients. If we can’t negotiate substantial compensation during the conciliation process, we will not hesitate to take your matter to a full hearing to ensure you get the justice you deserve.
Affordable Access to Justice
We are proud to offer our clients Affordable Access to Justice. Our fees are based on your income and what you can afford to pay. From submitting formal paperwork, to advocating for you in conciliation sessions and formal hearings, negotiating settlements, our goal at Supportah is to take the pressure and stress off you if you are fighting a General Protections claim.